Therapy Services supports people with an intellectual disability who also have a physical and/or sensory disability. We work in partnership with individuals and their whanau/family and caregivers in pursuit of a quality of life that upholds dignity, comfort and independence.
We are contracted by the Ministry of Health to provide specialist Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy assessments.
Our process includes:
- Assessment, including interview and clinical observations
- Prescribing specialised equipment and training caregivers in equipment use
- Recommending solutions to problems and developing management plans
The following aspects may be covered:
- Personal care ·
- Skills for independence
- Adaptive equipment
- Manual handling
- Physical safety
- Pressure care
- Sensory processing challenges
- Environmental modifications
How to access our services
Individuals need to be over 15 years and live in the Midland region. All referrals must come through the Needs Assessment Service.
There are however, some specific exclusions from eligibility including needs related to:
- Rehabilitation, intervention or treatment of an acute or short-term need
- Specialised wheelchair and seating
- Accident Compensation Legislation