Tēnā koutou katoa,
There is a lot going on! Every day things are changing and all of us are adapting and supporting people to cope. I want to thank you all for your understanding at this time, and also thank our staff who are going above and beyond to keep people safe and well.
Here are the main points to know right now:
- No staff member or person supported has the virus.
- All vocational services have now been closed. Vocational staff are moving to residential services.
- Community HBSS (Home Based Support Services) have been closed. These staff have been moved into other roles for now.
- Our Respite Service will also be closed to keep our rangatahi/children safe. To discuss this, please speak to your primary contact.
- We have restricted access to 180 Collingwood Street. A buzzer to alert reception has been installed to the right of the main doors.
- If families would like to take their loved ones home from residential homes, please discuss this with your primary contact today or tomorrow.
- If some residential homes are left with only one or two people, we may move people as practical. We want to make sure people do not feel lonely or isolated over the coming weeks.
- To keep everyone safe, we will not be taking people out except to wide open places without other people.
- We will be redistributing our vehicles to make sure they are used effectively. Please bear with us in this.
- People in Choices in Community living will be checked up on every day.
And here are some things to remember:
- We must be kind to each other. This is a tough time and it's important to be considerate.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Stay home as much as possible.
- The best, official place to find out about the virus and everything happening is here.
Behind the scenes, last year we redeveloped our Business Continuity Plan, which is the plan we're now using to guide us as it is designed for events like this. It was reviewed again when we found out about COVID-19 in China. We have a Crisis Management Team of senior managers who are meeting daily, online, to make sure everything is going as well as possible.
These managers couldn't respond as well as they are without the amazing work of our staff, and the understanding and patience that has been shown by you all. For that I can not thank you enough. Please stay safe and healthy!
Official government info site:
Government helpline for COVID-19 related questions:
0800 779 997
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms, don't got to your GP, instead call:
0800 358 5453